St. Michael’s School is a Church of Ireland National School under the patronage of the Bishop of Cork, Cloyne and Ross.
The school serves the parish of Blackrock. St. Michael’s School is co-educational and was founded in 1866. A new school building was built in 1961 and the current building was opened in 2011.
St. Michael’s is a small school. The principal is a teaching principal. The classes are a multi-grade – junior infants to second class is the first grade setting. Third class to sixth class is the second setting.
The small school environment is conducive to the promotion of a happy family atmosphere where each child gets a high degree of attention and is valued for their individuality. We endeavour to create a well-functioning, stimulating, happy and safe environment, which promotes the dignity and individuality of every pupil, including those with special educational needs, enabling them to reach their full potential.