Most of the churches in the Diocese have bells.
However, bell-ringing, as in change-ringing, the art of ringing a set of tuned bells in a series of ‘mathematical’ patterns (called changes) is done in five churches in the Diocese (click on links for full information about the bells):
- The bells of the Cathedral Church of St Fin Barre, Cork
- The bells of the Church of St Peter, Bandon
- The bells of the Church of St Mary, Doneraile
- The bells of the Cathedral Church of St Fachtna, Rosscarbery
- The bells of Abbeystrewry Parish Church, Skibbereen