All those who are baptised are called by God to ministry.
There are many, many ways in which the people of the Church – lay and ordained – can respond to God’s call through voluntary work.
Here are just some of the ways you might be interested in helping:
- Taking on responsibility in the liturgy: reading, intercessions, flowers, music, singing, welcoming;
- Assisting with administrati0n in a parish or pastoral care;
- Children’s ministry and youth work;
- Hospitality and catering;
- Supporting our schools in their work;
- In practical work related to the care of buildings, grounds, property supervision and maintenance;
- Support for the work of our Church charities; or
- Putting a particular talent or gift you have at the disposal of the Church.
If you are interested in volunteering, please speak to a member of the clergy in the place near you.