In order to exercise ministry in a diocese, clergy who are not already beneficed or licensed in the diocese, require Permission to Officiate.
The following clergy currently have Permission to Officiate in Cork, Cloyne and Ross:
- The Reverend Joy Ferguson
- The Reverend Martha Gray-Stack
- The Reverend Edwin Hunter
- The Reverend Canon Trevor Lester
- The Reverend Rosemary Logue
- The Right Reverend Michael Mayes
- Father James Power
- The Reverend Canon Peter Rhys-Thomas
- The Reverend Canon Tom Sherlock
All others seeking Permission to Officiate should make contact with the Bishop’s Office through the Incumbent of the local parish, in the first instance.
Permission to Officiate is governed by a Protocol of the House of Bishops of the Church of Ireland: HoB Protocol 2016-001 (Permission to Officiate)